Great article by Travis Bradburry, co-aouthor of EQ 2.0! A must read by young and experienced professionals.
Stanford and MIT started them in the 1990’s, now with the MOOCs they are becoming more relevant to complement online classes. Read the article from EdTech.
For women, success means different things at different times in her life. Read the Time article and take the poll. Right on!
Read this article by Liz Ryan describing signs and unleash your creative spirit!
Money magazine joined with Mark S. Schneider, a vice president at the American Institutes for Research and a former commissioner of the Department of Education’s National Center for Education Statistics to identify institutions with ‘great value’. The list ranks 665 colleges according to 17 factors in three categories:
- “Quality of education” includes each college’s six-year graduation rate, student-to-faculty ratio, and a “value-added” graduation rate, which reflects the difference between the actual rate and the expected rate based on students’ academic and economic backgrounds.
- “Affordability” includes borrowing by students and parents, student-loan default rates, and estimates of the average net price of a degree (based on a college’s sticker price, total institutional aid, tuition inflation, and average time to graduation).
- “Outcomes” includes various measures of early- and mid-career earnings, based on raw data from Payscale.com.
Very different list than other rankings! Worth looking at here.
Food and drinks will be provided!
- Full-stack immersive program that is inspiring & creating next generation of devs
- 24-week full-time program (vs. typical 9-12 week coding school)
- Program Guarantee: land a job making at least $60K after grad or get your $ back
- 98% hiring rate of former grads
- Exclusive partnerships w/ IBM and Pivotal Labs