Researchers from Stanford, Brown and the University of Chicago have developed a series of resources for districts to help high school students prepare for the challenges the will face when attending university – to build the critical attitudes, aptitudes and skills necessary to succeed in college and beyond. The tools are free and online. Read more here.
Each tool is customizable to a given district and contains detailed information, questions and considerations. The six tools are:
- Beyond College Eligibility: A New Framework for Promoting College Readiness, including a dynamic, web-based representation that complements the Framework
- Menu of College Readiness Indicators and Supports
- Selecting Effective Indicators
- A Technical Guide to College Readiness Indicators
- District Self-Assessment Tool
- Essential Elements in Implementation