What it is:
The program provides a formal, internationally recognized qualification in teaching and learning methodologies for engineering and related disciplines (science, math, physics, IT, etc.) for faculty, graduate students and other interested parties worldwide. Those who complete it can request the world-recognized qualification to their title from IGIP (International Society for Engineering Education (www.igip.org):
Dr. Juan Pérez, PhD, PE, Ing.Paed.IGIP
Program learning outcomes:
- Understand and apply fundamental knowledge of the theory, the didactics and the methodology, as well as the best practices of engineering education to become effective teachers and mentors.
- Understand the mission of a university or a technical college and balancing its strategies to better serve constituents.
- Recognize the reasons why engineering and related-disciplines’ educators need to continuously innovate curricula as well as learning/teaching methods and incorporate outcomes assessment strategies.
- Apply state-of-the-art technologies for effective teaching, communicating with students and managing courses.
- Understand the fundamentals of student learning and program outcomes assessment and plan outcome-based accreditation for continuous quality improvement.
- Reflect and document teaching and the need for further professional development.
If interested in organizing or hosting a cohort in your organization or institution, please contact: email@example.com.