What it is:
The program provides a formal, internationally recognized qualification in teaching and learning methodologies for engineering and related disciplines (science, math, physics, IT, etc.) for faculty, graduate students and other interested parties worldwide. Those who complete it can add a world-recognized qualification to their title:
Dr. Juan Pérez, PhD, PE, IGIP.Ing.Paed
Program learning outcomes:
- Understand and apply fundamental knowledge of the theory, the didactics and the methodology, as well as the best practices of engineering education to become effective teachers and mentors.
- Understand the mission of a university or a technical college and balancing its strategies to better serve constituents.
- Recognize the reasons why engineering and related-disciplines’ educators need to continuously innovate curricula as well as learning/teaching methods and incorporate outcomes assessment strategies.
- Apply state-of-the-art technologies for effective teaching, communicating with students and managing courses.
- Understand the fundamentals of student learning and program outcomes assessment and plan outcome-based accreditation for continuous quality improvement.
- Reflect and document teaching and the need for further professional development.
First program offering (en Español) will start January 23, 2017 at the University of Puerto Rico – Mayagüez Campus. Limited to only 35 participants.
If interested in organizing or hosting a cohort in your organization or insitution, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.